
The Secretary of War lambasted the Arizona Senator last Sunday after the Democrat asserted during a TV interview that it would take “years” for the Pentagon to restock its armaments supplies after the war in Iran.
By Catholics for Catholics
War Secretary Pete Hegseth castigated Sen. Mark Kelly Sunday after the Arizona Democrat asserted during a TV interview that it would take “years” for the Pentagon to restock its armaments supplies after the war in Iran.
“‘Captain’ Mark Kelly strikes again,” Hegseth wrote on X. “Now he’s blabbing on TV (falsely & dumbly) about a *CLASSIFIED* Pentagon briefing he received. Did he violate his oath…again? [Pentagon] legal counsel will review.”
On Sunday, Kelly had claimed on CBS News’ “Face The Nation” that “it’s shocking the – how deep we have gone into these magazines because this president got our country into this without a strategic goal, without a plan, without a timeline.”
Hegseth said War Department attorneys will examine whether Sen. Mark Kelly, D-Ariz., breached his oath of service by discussing on national TV details of a classified briefing, according to a story by Newsmax.
Hegseth accused Kelly, who is a retired Navy captain and former astronaut, of inappropriately revealing sensitive Pentagon information during an appearance on CBS’ “Face the Nation,” where Kelly discussed U.S. weapon stockpiles amid the Iran war. “Captain’ Mark Kelly strikes again,” Hegseth posted Sunday night on X.
“Captain” Mark Kelly strikes again.
— Pete Hegseth (@PeteHegseth) May 10, 2026
Now he’s blabbing on TV (falsely & dumbly) about a *CLASSIFIED* Pentagon briefing he received.
Did he violate his oath…again? @DeptofWar legal counsel will review. https://t.co/mPBZHxZqpr
But Kelly told CBS host Margaret Brennan that Pentagon briefings on Tomahawks, ATACMS, THAAD interceptors, Patriot missiles, and other munitions unearthed “shocking” reduction levels after months of military operations against Iran.
“We’ve expended a lot of munitions,” Kelly said. “And that means the American people are less safe.”
In addition, Kelly said it could take “years” to restock some weapon systems and suggested the U.S. could face escalated defenselessness in a possible conflict with communist China over Taiwan.
But Hegseth countered that Kelly was discussing information obtained through classified congressional briefings.
The clash marks the most recent turn in a nasty feud between the Pentagon chief and Kelly, who previously sued Hegseth after the War Department tried to reduce Kelly’s retired Navy rank and issue him a formal censure tied to a video urging military personnel to reject orders from the Trump administration.
Save and Share This Catholic Patriotic Minute!