
Gabbard: Doctors are thus far ‘confident’ they removed all of her husband’s ‘cancerous bone and tissue’
By Catholics for Catholics
After months of a painful ordeal where some thought the worst regarding the health and life of her husband, Tulsi Gabbard gave an encouraging and poignant message in a video posted to X on Thursday morning.
Gabbard, a former Presidential candidate, gave an update on the success of her husband Abraham Williams’ bone cancer surgery for sacral chordoma, an extremely rare cancer, and giving an update on the challenges of his recovery, according to a story by Fox News.
“A few weeks after the surgery was done, the pathologist and the doctors said that they are confident that they were able to cut out all of the cancerous bone and tissue,” Gabbard said in a 3-minute video. “So here we are now, almost three months after, and he started a very rigorous physical therapy program.”
“He gets frustrated a lot because he wants to be able to make progress faster, and sometimes he’s pushed a little bit too far, but overall, Abraham is progressing very well,” Gabbard continued. “The reality is that the battle isn’t over yet.”
“We are so grateful to God for His unconditional love, for being our shelter, for being our peace and our strength,” Gabbard said at the end of the video.
“We want to say thank you to the doctors, the surgeon, the pathologist, the anesthesiologist. We want to say thanks to all of you for sharing the most beautiful prayers and well wishes with us. Mahalo nui loa to you all.”
Earlier this year, my husband Abraham was diagnosed with a very rare bone cancer. This has been a challenging time for us and is hard to talk about. But so many of you have reached out asking how he’s doing, and sharing your prayers and well wishes with us. We made this video… pic.twitter.com/kcVfzJyncI
— Tulsi Gabbard 🌺 (@TulsiGabbard) August 20, 2026
She was joined on camera with a tight, loving hug from Abraham.
“Love you, darlin’,” he said.
“I love you,” she replied.
In May, Gabbard announced her resignation from the Trump administration as director of national intelligence to support her husband’s cancer fight. She formally stepped down from President Donald Trump’s Cabinet at the end of June.
Save and Share This Catholic Patriotic Minute!